View Single Post
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 15:04   #10
osullivant

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaido View Post
I picked up a black 2012 XC90 Exec just after Christmas and it's amazing how different other road users are towards me than in the previous cars I've had (I'd just done 100k in a VW CC which I traded in) and I've covered 500k + in the previous cars I've had (mainly saloons or smaller cars).

Since I've had the XC90 in the first month it's been hit multiple times in car parks, scratched, keyed, and I've never had so many people pull out in front of me and then try to brake check me! I've had to fit running boards just to try and reduce the amount of door dings and I always park at the far end of car parks unless I have the daughter with me in which case I'll try and stick it in the parent spaces.

To give you an idea this was Wednesday at the local hospital - we parked up alone to come back to this guy not leaving enough room for me to get in:
http://rate-driver.co.uk/YD58WRA

Are these all the sorts of things you find or is it just the general standards of driving are going down the toilet these days very quickly?!

My driving style is pretty sedate these days but I can't believe how night and day things seem different from the last car. The wife thought I was kidding until Wednesday.

I paid extra for a car in good nick only so the scratches and dings annoyed the heck out of me.

I'm really liking the XC90 and had some fantastic fun in the snow in the moors around here, I'm just not liking other road users behaviour towards it!
True some people resent xc90 drivers in particular,

I also have a mitsubishi l200 an never have my right of way taken, even when I may have stolen it,

I drive my mothers marivea which is girly pale blue and I always have to wait...

but the xc90 causes a different effect, either people will not give me an inch or become aggressive when they perceive that I steal their Right of way...

By the way... is the volvo in the picture actually in a parking spot, there is no white line on the left... also it is categorically badly parked itself and may have induced the next piece of bad parking if the other driver put himself in between two vehicles parked on the lefthand extremes of their respective spaces...

an xc90 and indeed all cars will get tapped and knocked in modern times... its life... get over it...

why not get some protection...http://www.doorshox.com/
osullivant is offline   Reply With Quote