View Single Post
Old Mar 31st, 2018, 12:03   #8
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick82 View Post
No I wasn't guessing actually when my original unit went down I came on the forums to research then had the car put onto Vida it wouldn't communicate then either so after a bit more research took the dem off and sent it off and found out that it was burnt out. So order a recon unit changed the oil and filter put the new one on it worked for a couple of hours then blew the fuse had it put back on Vida still won't communicate. I've come on here for help not to have snotty reply's off ppl
The DEM doesn't "burn out" for no reason.
The DEM doesn't blow a fuse for no reason.
You have to find the root cause that cause the burnout and caused the fuse to blow....

If the new DEM board also failled with the same symptoms, then you need to figure out what is going on.
What electrical part of the entire DEM remained in your car, when you removed the DEM?
Did the pump remain?
Does the pump work? Have you actually tested it?
Is it jammed / failled / overloaded? If so, that is what is causing the DEM circuit board to fail, and the DEM circuit board failure is simply a consequence of DEM pump motor failure.

Remember, the helpful people on this forum such as myself who invest personal time to provide feedback to you get very frustrated when only a partial picture of the fault and the actions taken is painted.

If you invest the time to fully describe the failure symptoms, and what actions you took and how you reached you decision that the DEM was bad, that would save all of us a lot of time and help you to reach a resolution faster.

I trust that you are able to see that my response is actually intended to help you, but you also have to help me and the other readers with a proper descriptive post about what you have done so far.
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote