View Single Post
Old Apr 26th, 2018, 08:40   #27
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60Chris View Post
Not everywhere will repair them if you get a puncture because of the foam lining and I’m not sure how much quieter they are in reality - I went from Conti’s to Michelin’s on my Passat and noticed a marked reduction in noise so I would be tempted to do the same, but whatever I get will be A rated for wet traction as a priority
Yes, I had a slow puncture (screw through middle of tyre) back in December. Fortunately a local mobile tyre repair contact knew how to/was happy to fix it. He doesn't find them easy jobs however, as you have to cut away the foam insert over the puncture area and then remove all the glue (the tricky part) before you can apply the puncture plug and get a good bond. I suspect that for some repairers it might be too much hassle, hence the 'cannot repair line'.

:wq