Thread: Engine: D5244: - Ecm 6805 and boost related issues
View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2018, 22:16   #56
davebb
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
I had a spare MAF in the garage, so changed it. Showed around 35kg/h while idling.
No change to issue though, graph below showing when I booted it and it went into limp mode.
I forgot to add the EGR to it.
Air filter is about a year / 6000 miles old and is a little discoloured but not dirty. This issue pre-dates the air filter though!

@ Davebb - I don't see an option for requested MAP??

Same as before though - 1st boot after engine warm, limp.
Shutdown / restart a few miles later, then no further issues for the next 5 miles home. Surely air filter and most sensors won't care much about temperature / run-time, but sticking mechanical VNT could?

I'll do another graph tomorrow from cold. Can only add 5 parameters, so which ?
Hi
I don't no what you mean by the MAP sensor is reading flat, it is reading boost fine look at your log, it is going up to nearly 23psi of boost, on a drive, you need to load a turbo car to make boost pressure,
I think that your year sensor will read up to 3bar, so that is 2 bar off boost and 1bar the air pressure that we live in,
also a vacuum leak from any of the vnt actuator will not make the car overboost, as the turbo vnt actuator needs vacuum to operate, so if you take off the vac pipe from the turbo actuator you should only get low boost,
if you try this make shure that you block the rubber pipe that you removed,
also limp mode will come in if the boost is 400milibar higher than it should be
and that would take you to the boost level the you recorded on a drive,
Dave
Dave
davebb is offline   Reply With Quote