Thread: Wheel Cleaner
View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2018, 20:58   #25
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocamper View Post
I have the 22” diamond cut / black wheels on my R-Design Pro XC90. I love the look of the wheels but the black element of the wheels is a Matt/satin finish as opposed to polished and this makes them difficult to clean and even when cleaned meticulously, they still do not look clean when they dry unless I physically dry them with a micro fibre cloth. Even then the black just will not shine. The one benefit is that brake dust does not show so readily on a Matt black finish.
I am a huge exponent of satin blacked tyres though and use a product called Highstyle from autosmart which has a mildly water repellent finish so it remains intact after light rain but not heavily waterlogged roads. I use it very sparingly and apply it with a small piece of sponge for best result. It must have an hour to dry before driving though I find to dry.
I have even been known in winter to clean just the wheels and ‘black’ the tyres and it looks as if the whole car has been cleaned.
As you can probably see that mine are 10 spoke black diamond cut, but the black has got a nice shiny finish, being 10 spoke makes them quite difficult to clean properly in situ.
Having said that I have always tried to take the wheels off my cars at least once a year.