View Single Post
Old Jun 23rd, 2018, 06:50   #1
Fitzchiv

Default Collecting your new XC60..

In roughly 4 weeks I'll be collecting my MY19 from the dealership. It's my first ever new car, and after 12 weeks of waiting (so far) i've pretty much exhausted everything XC60 I can read online or watch on YouTube to keep me occupied to kill the time. Or so I thought.

It struck me that whilst I generally tend to take decent care of my cars (I currently drive a VW CC I've had since it was a yr old and only has a couple of minor nicks in the paintwork from stone chips or carpark presents I have touched up along the way) I've never been what I'd call super attentive toward things like paintwork care. I plan on driving this Volvo for 5 years, and have taken a PCP deal with an FGV that should leave me decent opportunity to build equity, but of course this relies upon it being in good nick.

Over the years my current car has picked up paint swirls, the chrome has clouded a little, and the alloys have more than their fair share of battle scars too. I'm determined that such cosmetic wear and tear is kept to a minimum by starting out on the front foot, so for example the rims are smaller and i'll be considering taking out insurance for alloy and cosmetic damage, but it's more about the general cleaning and care I wanted to ask you guys after than long intro..!

The dealership is roughly 60 minutes drive from my house, largely dual-carriageway. It struck me the other day that by the time I get it to my house it'll already have the odd squished fly and, god forbid, even a stone chip on the bumper - it'll need a clean, and then need protective elements adding.

The days of my local £12 wash and vac gang are gone, as that can't have done the CC any good long-term, so it's down to the question of what kind of washing, paint care, wax etc etc stuff any of you guys use and would recommend for day 1 after that first 60 minute drive?

If it was yours, and on your driveway after collecting, what would you do to give it the best start in life? (There's a professional valet service round the corner that do paint care but this would again be putting it in the hands of others). Anything else you'd recommend for that first drive home is also most appreciated!

MY19 XC60 D4 Momentum, Stone Black, Maroon brown leather, intellisafe pro, 360 camera, smartphone integration.
Fitzchiv is offline   Reply With Quote