View Single Post
Old Jun 24th, 2018, 19:15   #11
dhr90

To be relaxing, I want to be able to get in my car and sigh in relief, relax and just sit back and waft as the journey goes by. I guess to achieve this I need the following:
Comfortable smooth ride
Light and airy interior, so beige seats/carpets and a sunroof help massively for this.
Quiet, as minimal intrusion from road, engine and other road users as possible.
Excellent seats, I don't want bucket seats to clamp me in place, I was to be relaxed and comfortable.
A good stereo with good quality sound is a must, satnav and cruise control are a nice bonus but not essential.
Reliable (but thats agiven really)

Thus far my old Rover 75 Tourer best fit those criteria, I only sold it 2-3 months ago but I really miss it.
Current V60 is technically better, lots more toys, for more reliable and economical but the seats aren't as good, at least I haven't found the ideal setup yet. It is also much quieter and probably a better ride at speed, but the Rover engine sounded so much nicer (petrol vs the Volvo's diesel).
Just haven't quiet felt utterly relaxed in it yet at the end of the day, but the 14 years of sentiment attachment of the Rover is tough to combat. But I have been able to drive 2000 miles in 6-8 weeks, which I had no confidence in doing in the Rover and probably wouldn't have dared to try to do.