Thread: V50 Wheels/Tyres : - So what's the best course of action now..
View Single Post
Old Jul 8th, 2018, 07:33   #13
CathDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliemayo View Post
I won't buy premium brand tyres now. We get so many punctures where we live because it's rural and it is pointless. Mid range Koreans now all round and I keep them inflated right all the time. Just a 20% pressure loss increases your braking distance and all the claims made by premium tyre manufacturers is hot air anyway unless you want the few percent difference in performance because you have a Porsche or something.

Get all 4 tyres changed to the same make, I wouldn't run around with different brands on a car and definitely not on a 4WD car.
The problem I am having with this excellent advice is the mainstream tire sellers (who also fit) don't seem to sell mid range ones for the V50 1.6 Drive (R17) 93W (one fa autos sells a 93V vs W which is possible? its 101£ tho)

Would you spend 404£ at fa autos and walk away satisfied on price and quality? I can't see any deals or vouchers for them googling.

The alternative just buying the tires.. which also has limited not cheap choice (the cheaper ones are 93V vs 93W rated), the first cheapest 93W is the Pirelli Cinturato All Season Plus at 97£ I would have to have them delivered and then take them to a garage and I have to wrestle 4 heavy dirty tires into the car.. probably in the rain this being England, the only plus being the boot should be big enough..) and negotiate with the garage the price of putting them on, balancing and disposing.. when I could have them fitted all in for 118£ at national autocenters and might get a bit off using this voucher in the comments from hotukdeals/yellow pages? 15% off DV412 voucher

To look for tyres to just buy and deliver I used http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk.

Maybe there are other sites, though I am a bit tired of tires now having googled through yesterday while watching the football and tennis. I should probably do some studying now..
CathDog is offline   Reply With Quote