View Single Post
Old Jul 27th, 2018, 19:28   #1
MisterWooley

Default High Emissions Service Required - Fixed

Hi all, This message popped up on my XC90 2004 D5 last week. It was accompanied by constant limp mode. All usual methods of clearing message/fault even as temporary measure failed.

I post here the update of the fix in the hope that it might help another volvo owner with similar problem.

First step to run a scan with Vida, not a great deal of help a whole bunch of codes typically signal too high/too low/out of range. Some research here suggested that all components affected were on the same fuse, No 11 in the engine fuse box. So I pulled no 11 and it was blown. Replacing it blew another immediately. I started disconnecting those components that I could easily identify but fuse kept blowing.

Time pressure and the need for XC 90 to be usable and ready dictated that I pop it round to my local indy, Sheffield & Meredith (Leicester). got it back today fixed. Apparently a broken wire shorting out fuse 11. Something to do with crankcase breather, maybe the feed to the heater nipple. Not a common problem they said, maybe damaged by previous work on the car. Not while I've been owner but I have no previous history.

Anyway, good job from the indy. Now up and running again.
MisterWooley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MisterWooley For This Useful Post: