View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 10:40   #190
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post
You can see my Volvo buys British signature ? This was a sticker found in the bookpack of many a Volvo in the late 70s through to the mid 1980s.

Imagine if it were true today, and how that relationship might be in jeopardy ? Volvo made their purchases from British manufacturing companies back then because they were buying the best (I'm paraphrasing Volvo here) - the majority of those British companies no longer exist.

I'm old enough to remember the Buy British campaigns, I might have been a schoolboy but I remember, I remember (paraphrasing Orwell now).

Discuss.

Jon.
That was the thing Jon - back then we were the best at manufacturing. We led the world in technological innovation and umpteen other areas but, as had previously happened so many times, anything new that was developed here had scorn poured upon it and the inventors then took their ideas elsewhere.

At least Volvo had the sense to Buy British and it shows with how many 70s, 80s and 90s Volvos still around.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: