View Single Post
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 15:52   #6
Keith A

Went and viewed the 3rd one today and have put a deposit down on it and should pick it up Wed/Thu next week.

It is a 1 owner car from new and has always been serviced at Snows Volvo in Winchester, which is where the car is being sold from, but sold under their non-franchised used car company. I was able to see the full history of the car and they have confirmed that it has been very well maintained, but their inspection (they only got it yesterday) has highlighted a minor bits.

They're going to fit a new tyre (one is at 3mm vs 6mm for the others) and will keep it as a pirelli scorpion like the others. Other bits they're doing are a new battery, pads and discs all round and replacing the rear trailing arm bushes all of which will be done by the Volvo dealership, also had £500 off the list price. Didn't seem a bad deal at all.

The car drove very well indeed.

Only negatives are that there are a number of scratches that will need a detailer to remove (I can live with this for a little bit) one will probably need a touch up. It also doesn't have front parking sensors or electric seats.

Plus side is the history of the car, the interior is immaculate, well maintained, has DAB radio, power mirrors and power open/close boot.

Hope I have more success with this car than my last one.

Off to order a towbar now.
Keith A is offline   Reply With Quote