View Single Post
Old Aug 30th, 2018, 13:43   #391
Army
marches on his stomach

Default One of those days today...

...I managed to get the car back on its side again - hopefully this will be the last time.

I plan to spray the roof and finish off the last bits of the underside (the RH sill in particular)

I reckon spraying the roof in a section - even though you might end up with trouble and strife blending the joins on A and the C pillars - is going to give me the best chance possible of doing a good job instead of balancing on top of step ladders and spraying at an angle,

On a day like today where **** ups abound I'd rather make spraying as easy for myself as possible.

Biggest **** up today was misreading the instructions for some filler which is part of the epoxy system I'm using: The mixing ratio was not by volume - it was by weight - so the filler was just like cream cheese after an hour...

...whata mistaka ta maka...

...oh well all wiped off now with copious amounts of paper towel and epoxy thinner. Now I'm waiting till tomorrow just in case the epoxy paint has been effected by the thinner. Delays delays.

####

In other news I've gone and bought a new thermometer for the painting - I need to keep an eye on the humidity and the temperature now we're nearly in September. This summer has been amazing but as it draws to an end the perils of living in Northern Europe need to be addressed (!)

I'm not quite sure what "defend hot" or "defend cold" is - so if someone can advise that'll be great...
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote