View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2018, 11:34   #9
puddles

Default Reduced Engine Performance

Going back to about May I got this message on my car and thought I cured it with Redex because I got no problems till July, I kept running car till my child broke off school by then I was getting Engine reduced performance, Anti skid warning and engine light was on, so please don't ignore early warning signs. I ended up replacing Turbo because oil in art filter and 90% pipes, now engine light and anti skid lights where on. I replaced EGR valve and cooler and now was only getting engine light, so I replaced DPF and full Exhaust.

For five weeks no problems car driving as it should and then suddenly engine reduced performance light come on, I investigated and found two more faults Exhaust temperature sensor end had snapped off and there was a split in the Turbo to air filter hose a hose I never replaced. I put a new temperature sensor in but still got engine reduced performance, replacement Hose come and fitted it an now no lights car driving fine. DO NOT IGNORE EARLY WARNING IF THIS LIGHT COMES ON INVESTIGATE IMMEDIATELY, IT CAN BE AS SIMPLE AS A LOSE CONNECTION, SPLIT IN THE HOSE PIPE ETC, if you do ignore it then it will lead into major faults. Even if the light comes on then goes off again look into it. It cos me just over £1,300 and that was just for parts as fitted all the parts myself, if had to have in garage could of been looking at £3,000 to £4.000.

There is no single answer to this I have read reviews where it as been a lose battery terminal to major problems like mine Turbo and DPF failure, I was told by a mechanic I knew all the damage was caused by a blocked DPF which overheated other parts causing damage. I was told if I had of took notice of early warning took car for a long run it would of cured the problem but running the car with the fault damaged other parts like overheating the EGR system and Turbo, in some extreme cases even blow engines. The OBD2 reader will lead you to the fault, it may come up with 3 codes for 1 fault as for the split pipe it came up with air high intake, DPF and electrical but when replaced the pipe all these issues vanished, do one fault at a time the ones you can clearly see like a split hoe or a lose connection, if problem still there you need to look for signs like oil in air filter, blocked DPF etc. But it needs seeing to as it will lead to greater damage and higher repair costs, I know its a pain and confusing but nothing simple. I hope this helps and avoids high costs for you.
puddles is offline   Reply With Quote