View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 09:25   #7
tony209
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASt85 View Post
Thanks AcidicDavey - it would seem the interior code is 1944, which is apparently called "granite"..........go to be the palest granite I've ever seen!!!

Volvo interior code shows this in brochure
[IMG][/IMG]

but ALL of the interior colour is much paler and actually looks more like this

Given all the leather seats, seat backs, headrests as well as the plastic fittings and the carpets are almost identical in colour. The carpet colour is the same even under the mats!

So either it came out a lot more pale than in the brochure or this one has sat in 360˚ sunlight that even reached up under the dash!
Late model convertibles only came in 3 interior colours :-
Light Biege 1966
Granite 1944 (light grey)
Dark Grey 1970 (Very dark almost black)
Plus the Collection edition which as far as I am aware, used 1970 as a base colour with options on the seat colours.

Every Granite interior I have seen is the same light grey colour, the colour chip in the brochures looks more like the dark beige that you see on the seat fronts of earlier light beige interiors. Interestingly, I ordered a smple of Granite 1944 leather paint and what I received was a colour close to the brochure chip. I would suspect that Volvo may have had more than one interior colour with the name "Graphite" and the C70 brochure chip is an error.

You could also specify soft leather upholstery that came in lighter shades to the rest of the interior.

The sun visors came from my 2005 T5 convertible
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote