Thread: Engine: 2.3 F/Inj B23E/B230F: - B23A to B230FT conversion
View Single Post
Old Oct 5th, 2018, 12:15   #8
240ratrod

Yeah I've read the good thing about the LH 2.4 is it's ability to learn and adapt for mods.

Hadn't considered though that changing the boost level would mess the maps up. That's a good bit of advice and maybe I'll just stick a MBC (once installed) and not try to be a smart arse!

With not being able to much right now my brain is thinking of all sorts of things I want to do....maybe the old walk before you run phrase is apt here!

Yesterday I had some start issues, as in it wouldn't run (the 240). Once it cooled down it fired up fine. I think it's telling me it needs to pulled out and the conversion started! I found some shocking wiring in there...the coolant sensor on the head had no sheathing on the wire at all! There are some others very bad connections too so looks my loom has succumbed to the volvo rot!

Based on " get the engine in and running" thought, I'm thinking of doing some basic maintenance like plugs and leads, cambelt, cam cover gasket, oil filter and then installing. Changing the water pump, HG, for example, would be an easily accessible job down the line if needed.

There are no known or visible issues on the B230 and when I start I need to have a running car ASAP. Mods can be done one at a time as suggested with the engine in and running.

Last edited by 240ratrod; Oct 5th, 2018 at 12:19.
240ratrod is offline   Reply With Quote