View Single Post
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 09:28   #57
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by osullivant View Post
Having looked at my old Saab 93 which has bi-xenons and my new s40 which has h7 projectors... is there any possibility that I could salvage the Saab projectors ballasts and bulbs drivers etc and fit them into the Volvo casings...would they work or would I get errors etc...
no no no, you dont wanna go this route unprepared.
Firstly, read all the threads here ref HIDs installation and issues it causes - it can harm your car in nasty way if you just "plug the stuff in".
Secondly, check what kind of projectors 93 has - you are looking for a variation of "Bosch AL" or commonly known "E46" projector. If thats what is there, it may be possible to swap and directly bolt the projectors in the Volvo lamp.
As for swapping ballasts from Saab etc - not sure if thats easier/better than just getting a set of aftermarket ballasts. Its certainly possible, but not sure if wiring/connecting is not gonna be too much hassle, usually OEM xenon systems are too integrated in the wiring and using them in ex-h7 setup may be pointless. You could achieve the same by using aftermarket ballasts that are easy to install & hook up to H7 wiring.

but check those first 2 conditions I wrote above, it is REALLY important to familiarise yourself with this setup before you do anything.

If you decide to go ahead with swap, happy to help, Im curious if that will work