Thread: General: 70: - after market headlights
View Single Post
Old Dec 12th, 2018, 16:43   #45
jack taylor
Master Member

Hi, Just to update headlights and HID kit. I purchased headlights from "Autodoc in Spain for €90.00 for the pair. This company is also based in the uk. They offer about 6 different manufacturers. I chose Van Wezel which is a German company. The headlights appear to be very well made. Fitting was easy and it took only a few minutes to remove the levelling motors from the back of the existing headlights and fitting them on the new ones.
Thanks to detailed info from DSK I purchased a HID kit from ebay uk for £50.00 from "parkingsensoronline" They carry an "E" certificate. and are fitted with Canbus. Also they are anti-glare. I Chose 35w H7R 5000k which I think are entry level. It took me just under two hours to fit and the end result is amazing. I had the headlight beams aligned by my local garage with no charge.
I really cant believe just how good the lights are and I can now see where I am going. Don't buy cheap kits from ebay. DSK recommends HID-direct but I am not sure whether they are back in business yet. Provided you purchase a quality HID kit you can forget the scare stories. jack.
jack taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jack taylor For This Useful Post: