View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2018, 13:09   #1
crip010

Default Winter wheel swap 22" to 20" - Go to Volvo or not?

I have just sold my Land Rover Discovery 4 and am now the very proud owner of a 2017 XC90 D5 R-Design which is lovely.

I am looking forward to many years of Volvo ownership, my last Volvo was a 740 GLE from 1988 so its been a while and they've changed a bit.

My car is on the 22s which actually I never wanted but the car had everything else I wanted so I have bought the 20" R Design wheels and some Michelin CrossClimate tyres which have the snowflake on them so I can go to Austria skiing.

My question is Volvo recommend taking the car to them to have it told it has different wheels on it but having looked online on forums + spoken to wheel guy I bought the new rims from this seems to not be necessary as the whole wheel with the different profile tyre is the same size.

I wanted to post a specific question and see what peoples view here as I don't want the car to not be right as I'm quite OCD but I'm also not really in the mood to give Volvo money for nothing.......In the USA lots seem to run winter rims with different tyre sizes and they don't seem to take them into Volvo.

I also don't know if I will sell the 22s or keep them as a summer set so don't want to have to go in everytime I want to swap.

What do people think?

Thanks in advance
crip010 is offline   Reply With Quote