Thread: Nice article
View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 16:46   #5
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowprop View Post
Yes. Some of those Ford's go for a lot of money now. I've seen 9xxx advertised for as much as £7k while I was looking around. And also some for a few hundred. I'd have liked to have seen up close what you get for £7k.
It's a weird phenomenon often referred to as the "Blue Oval Tax", for some reason if the badge on the car is in the shape of a blue oval, the price seems to go through the roof for no other reason than it's a Ford. Totally opposite to the original ethos of a Ford! meant to be affordable for everyone! Oddly i was trawling ebay last night looking at some old Fords, £12k for a Cortina anyone? A similar age/condition Vauxhall Cavalier Mk1 was up for considerably less, having owned both i'd go for the Cavalier any day over a Ford.

As for your £7k 9xx, i wonder too what you'd get for your money! A bit like a 740 Turbo estate that as recently the subject of a thread on here and a deposit was paid by a member - on arrival it wouldn't start, when it did it ran rough, bits of trim hanging off, vacuum hoses and similar blanked off with woodscrews and other problems, nowhere near a £2k car which is what it was listed for on ebay!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: