View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2019, 16:17   #1
VolvoBexandAlex

Default V50 1.6 diesel vibration

Hi all,

New volvo owner here, just bought ourselves a proper family car, a V50 1.6 diesel. Fairly comfortable and I'm very impressed by the quality even after 11 years.
It's an 08 plate with just under 92000 miles on it.

So now to the issue. When I got the car I noted a vibration in 4th and 5th at between 1200 and 1800 rpm under mid to heavy load. Car needed some bits doing so I went along with it and got the clutch and dual mass flywheel replaced with genuine volvo parts. Car also had timing belt and all fluids and filters replaced.

I got the car back on Thursday and it's still showing the same vibration. It isn't related to when speed as it's in both gears and only happens under load, so in thinking it's not the tyres, when it starts the throttle pedal vibrates strongly and then it moves through the whole cab as the revs increase, and it can easily be stopped and started by reducing or increasing the throttle while on a slight incline.

I was just wondering if anyone else had thoughts on what would be worth checking next, or if anyone else had this issue before? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
VolvoBexandAlex is offline   Reply With Quote