View Single Post
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 22:13   #7
al dm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshirebob View Post
I posted this on here with trepidation - in case I upset someone..

Lots of people are anti remap and will have their own views but I’m with you. Every vehicle in my household for as long as I can remember has been tuned. A good friend works for DMS and could map the car for a few drinks but I’m cautious come main dealer service time.
Tuning boxes are utter utter tosh so this SA Tuning thing seems just the job..

I’ve never believed (or experienced) the ‘increase in MPG’ that all these firms claim. You don’t get something for nothing and I tend to always be in a hurry!

Very tempted...
The only thing that I don't like about flash tunes is they are kind of one size fits all. However the ECU has some degree of freedom anyway, so it can adjust for most conditions.

The best way is of course to put the vehicle on a dyno and tune it individually.

My latest Harley Davidson motorcycle that I have been working on gained at least 10MPG more on motorway use, plus a cr*pload of HP and TQ by being dyno tuned by someone who really know those engines.

So power+ plus MPG+ is possible - but you can't really have both at once depending on you heavy your foot or wrist is.

But that's fine with me!
al dm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to al dm For This Useful Post: