Thread: General: - Volvo CANBus Logger - Dice
View Single Post
Old Jan 30th, 2019, 09:29   #3
mikeak_2001

Hi SwissXC90

Thanks for the reply. To give you a bit of a background. I work in a dealer so I am aware that the hex parameter and ID's change with MY.

This kind of stuff is not done by Dealer Staff. If a car can't be fixed a log will be made and passed to Volvo Technical staff who will work things out from these logs. Then organise a fix.

To give an example:
There is a new thread about XC60 Auto's stalling.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=262898

I have a family member suffering the same issue. As per others. This has been booked in to the dealer. Usual thing, no fault codes so Volvo have dismissed the issue saying its a driver problem, even though more people are coming forward with the same fault.

This software would now be used to idetify the erroneous data that causes the shutdown then the module software could be modified to fix the issue.

So for reasons like this I was wondering if anyone knew of compiled data or software that could convert the hex data to readable data. By identifying the problem data I can then look at a work around for the problem.

The other work around of course would be to use GGD_DHA however vehice database files would be needed and they are hard to come by too.
mikeak_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote