View Single Post
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 00:19   #27
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Massive bump - 4 year old thread Funny thing is, I now have Kev's brakes waiting for a rainy day I'm good thanks Mark, yourself? It'd be good to meet up sometime. We had a very interesting evening with Kev, hearing about his new project. Hopefully he also found it interesting being able to have a poke over Ryan's (tweaked) 740 Turbo. Next up we're fitting programmable management, and then we'll see where 20-25psi of boost gets us! If you're going to Power Engineering to get it tuned, say hi to Iain for me.

If anyone is wondering how I resolved the problems I rather nonsensically mumbled about back then...well the brakes got a fluid change, and have been AOK ever since (even with 140bhp now). They start to cook after 10-15 mins really hard road use, but that's not so bad - it's very usually that traffic conditions permit you to use the brakes that hard. I think I'll need a more serious upgrade when the B230 turbo lump goes in, though!

As for the clutch...the extra power has pretty much finished it off, and a new one is more or less my next job, but the juddering pretty much went away all by itself shortly after I posted that. Odd!

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote