View Single Post
Old Mar 2nd, 2019, 01:33   #6
Unknownsock

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
I was about to put a deposit on an XC90 last week to replace my 2012. Right until I read about real emissions driving regs for diesel, enhanced tax rates and blocks from cities. I would google RED2 zones etc if I were your friend.

Whilst it’s easy to extol the virtues of diesels it’s a brave man that puts 40k plus into a car subject to such regulatory uncertainty.

In the instance of the xc90 my long commutes and the high cost difference between diese and petrol are complicated.

In your friends instance why on earth would you currently buy a diese if the Petrol equivalent is available. There is every chance in 5 years your mates car will be paying large sums to enter cities, will be subject to punative taxes and that no one will want it.

I would on balance buy the Petrol without hesitation.
Absolute rubbish,Current Euro 6 diesel cars emit up to 20% less CO2 than petrol cars and CO2 is one of the leading causes of air pollution. Diesel will typically get you 20% further than a petrol car. That extra range is the main reason why it's worth investing in a diesel, but only if you're always making long journey
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unknownsock For This Useful Post: