Thread: Speed limiter
View Single Post
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 14:28   #53
id5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbn View Post
Now, Willy waving is only an expression but you know that
If anyone can give me a good, logical reason why the speed of a car should be left up to its operator and the car should have the temptation of doubling the speed limit i retain an open mind...its just I can't think of any
I do know it is only an expression but why use it unless you were trying to promote the thought that only males with an ego problem need to speed which is simply not true.

Why should the speed of the car not be left to the operator. There are times I like to dawdle and see the scenery. There are others when I do not want to waste unproductive time traveling, and no, there are no direct trains between where I normally am and where I often need to go, nor are there busses. I could get a taxi or a chauffeured limo and work whilst they are driving but not on my budget.

There are areas where speeding should be restricted, such as outside schools when children are moving about but, on a motorway, or good dual carriageway then why not faster. Why not faster at night through certain areas or along certain roads.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote