View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2019, 11:46   #2124
John90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebster View Post
It seems that some dealers can't be bothered to contact Volvo UK to initiate the goodwill payment process. My dealer was great, they had a computer link that got an automated and immediate approval for 100% goodwill on the cooler replacement.

Replacement coolers are of an improved design to the original part, to reduce condensation. But yes, they do still become blocked after replacement... however I imagine that yours will also cause problems again, no matter how often you treat it with that random cocktail of snake oils! Mine is on its second replacement.

It's a big problem. Later versions of the VEA engine use AdBlue to minimise NOx, so use far lower volumes of EGR... pity Volvo didn't do this from the beginning.
That's positive.

How do you know if you need to use adblue in those engines does it come up on the dash?

Do Volvo continue to swap coolers everytime you get the error code? I.e have they swapped yours twice foc?

I thought they charged for the egr if it was sticking, or do they replace that foc now too?
John90 is offline   Reply With Quote