View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2019, 08:22   #3
HK XC90

Hi James,

I did a Quad exhaust conversion on my 3.2, you can read about that here: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=267428

In your case, if its repair work, rather than modifying, you can get any 'muffler shop' to fabricate the pipework that requires replacing - leave the CAT alone as they are very expensive and have sensors. The central resonator, if its not damaged can be kept (or removed for more noise), and even some muffler shops can repair the damaged rear muffler. I bought a new OEM Volvo rear box with the R Design tips, for around 400 USD, plus shipping sent to Hong Kong from Chicago. You can hunt around online, or scrapyards for used mufflers, or have a custom muffler installed for a nicer sound and aesthetics. Anything other than OEM would be cheaper. I went OEM, but in hindsight I could have fabricated something for much less money. Jump online and search for trusted muffler shops in your region, and just drive in for a chat, and see if they seem skilled, and reasonably priced. Good luck.

Are the 3.2 rare in UK?
HK XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HK XC90 For This Useful Post: