View Single Post
Old Jun 2nd, 2019, 15:23   #1
mcpinsd

Default SRS Airbag Service Urgent

OK, second post on my 2004 V70 D5 manual 163bhp.
Bought the car recently off a dealer as a trade-in and it has the SRS Airbag Service Urgent message displayed and the red airbag light is on. No red triangle.
I've connected up an icarsoft VOL 2.0 diagnostic reader and get the following codes / DTCs:
• 010E, Control Module internal fault
• 007C,Seat belt tensioner, middle rear, too high resistance
• 00D5,SRS-light. Signal missing
• 00E7,CAN signal is not present
• 00E5,CAN signal. Malfunction

So I disconnected the battery and replaced the rear right-hand seat with a 2nd hand one, and now I get all the above codes plus a couple of others:
• 0074 Seat belt tensioner, left rear, too high resistance
• 0084 Seat belt tensioner, right rear, too high resistance

I've tried clearing these codes but without success.
So I disconnected the battery again and temporarily refitted the original backseat, and now I get all seven of the above codes, none of which will clear with the icarsoft VOL 2.0!

Given all three rear seat belt tensioners are displaying too high resistance, is there a central module or such which could be causing this? The car is HPI clear and is straight as a die, so I'm pretty confident it's not been in an accident which may have set the tensioners off. Is there any way to test the tensioners without stripping down the seats?

And finally, is the icarsoft VOL 2.0 up to this job or do I really need the DICE/VIDA set up?
Apologies if these are daft laddie questions but I'm running out of ideas here!
Cheers.
mcpinsd is offline   Reply With Quote