View Single Post
Old Jun 2nd, 2019, 21:02   #53
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeoreilly View Post
I did insert the new map and it did a firmware update but didn't invoke the map update - I raised the issue with the dealer and they asked Volvo who the gave the following reply:-

"Volvo has advised in their Technical Report that it is not possible to change the region for this version of Navigation, or run maps outside of the region the car is set for."

sounds like a fob off to me considering the device itself says contact dealer for additional maps - what option do I select in the diagnostic menu?
Perhaps it may help us if you advise what region of the world the car was originally made for, and what region of the world you now want to operate the car.

The options in the diagnostic menu are as self explanatory as you see them.
I've never seen any Volvo documentation on the diagnostic menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeoreilly View Post
I have got options like reset key etc and when I highlight them and press enter nothing happens - is there a specific way of selecting the options other than the obvious enter key?
Not that I know of.

If you have a DVD of the original region maps, and a DVD of the new region, you could compare the DVD data and look for anything obvious in the config files. Maybe you can make a DVD that labels itself as the region the car expects, but contains map data from the region you are in now.

And tell us what the regions are.... and what year car it is... and if you have MMM or MMM+....
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote