View Single Post
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 09:27   #1
ajh51

Default Water leak - footwell & A-pillar?

Hi All,

I bought (Amazon)Dean's grey 122s that he posted for sale on here just before Christmas. So this is my first post but probably not the first time the car has been discussed!

I have been suffering a water leak for a couple of months. I tracked one leak down to a leaky screen. The water was running down to the corner of the dash and dripping onto the floor.

After a search on here I sealed the screen with some suitable black mastic and that leak went away. However I am still getting wet floors.

I have spent some time this weekend really looking for the 2nd entry point and I have found that the water is seeping through the seam that runs vertically down the footwell wall, just to the right of the drivers legs, next to the bonnet release catch, behind the trim panel. It appears that the original seam sealer is cracked and water can seep through.

I'm obviously keen to stop this before it does any serious damage. I am assuming that water is getting in or around the A-pillar but I can't work out how.

Any thoughts/ideas/solutions gratefully received.

Cheers,
Andy Howlett.
ajh51 is offline   Reply With Quote