View Single Post
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 00:28   #19
DownundeR

Aha! All clear now. Seeing your car is at 33K miles – you may want to kick around the idea of changing the transmission fluid on the board here. Here in AUS - Volvo’s opinion is that the fluid is a lifetime fluid and doesn’t need changing. But my feeling is that that around the 40K mark is time for a change. Especially because the transmission is one of the most stressed part in the R. Anyway, depends on how long you plan to keep the car for.

Also seeing the car has a few miles on it already there is a fair bit of DIY maintenance you can do – depending on how involved you want to get.
Air filter – as described
Cabin filter – good to change that can save some £ in labour
Axle bolts – described here
Oil change – best to purchase the oil filter wrench
Brake pads – The Brembos have one of the easiest brake pad changes I have come across
Intercooler, A/C Condenser clean – important because the front bumper design tends to accumulate EVERYTHING in the heat exchanger fins
Leather care – if you have the Nordkap (dk Blue) Atacama (orange) or Gobi (soft cream) you will need to look after the leather really well.

I you have any strange noises or behaviours have a quick search or post a topic as there are always some of the teething issues with the R which are well known… The car will really grow on you if you can put up with the tunring circle...
DownundeR is offline   Reply With Quote