View Single Post
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 19:51   #49
TM01

Quote:
Originally Posted by green van man View Post
Oooh! Wash your mouth out with soap there is nothing wrong with the green oval products, provided you buy nothing after the td5 and for preference the 300tdi. Mine even has a piece of string between throttle pedal and pump, no fly by wire to be disabled by the zombie EMC pulse.

For me, remove stop solinoid, remove plunger, refit stop solenoid roll down hill, bump start and I'm fleeing the dread hordes. EMC pluses, what EMC pulse.

I will give you that later green oval products do not inspire confidence reliability wise and I certainly would not want to trust my life to them, however my 26 year old disco 1, have every confidence it will see me through, and at far less cost than a landcruser, good as they are.

Paul.
D1s are alright, so is the RR Classic, used to enjoy green laning in a ‘88 3.5 EFI Vogue that cost £700 at the time(dread to think what it would be worth now), like you say though anything later is a nightmare with them!, unfortunately made the mistake of getting a 2005 RR Sport a few years back, everything that could fail on it did, including the gearbox and air suspension .
It’s a shame the modern ones are built so badly as I’d love a D4, agree on the old Discos being pretty good though, need to be handy with a welder now and then though!.
TM01 is offline   Reply With Quote