View Single Post
Old Aug 9th, 2019, 21:51   #691
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salop Farmer View Post
Hi Army hope your move went well. I expect,like me,others are missing your posts on the rebuild of your 544! Am hoping you are settled in now and have workshop premises to continue your Volvo project and will be sharing your photos and very interesting posts with us all.
Sorry for the delay

Bit of an update =>

The move went well but I've ended up with a several time consuming "situations" that I need to address before I get back to some happy Volvo-ing

The plan at the moment is to build a large two car + carport (probably be about 6 and a bit meters wide and 7 meters deep) - knock down an existing (far too small) leaning wooden garage - see if I have enough cash for a nice oak timber frame and wattle and daub construction (this would be ideal - if not I'll have to adjust my wish list) and build all that before the winter...

...whilst I start everything with a strong element of hope I get feeling that I won't get the new garage / workshop done before the winter. The carport should get done even though I need to dig out three large tree stumps and raise a fair amount of the ground by about a meter.

Lots of humping and dumping to be done before I get myself organised again.

I can only really post up pictures of mud and building at the moment which I guess isn't going to be particularly welcome on a car forum (!)
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote