View Single Post
Old Sep 3rd, 2019, 12:12   #14
nu11eaf
Premier Member

You may be right but I think it is more likely to be the water that is used to dilute the washer fluid or the water it is diluted with if buying cheap ready mixed supermarket fluid, as you say in your earlier post using distilled water may be better, especially with heated aqua-blades.

Some, in fact I suspect most owners who are having this problem will have only used Volvo fluid topped up by dealers at service time, is it delivered ready diluted or concentrated, if so are some technicians diluting it with tap water ?.

I use Distilled water to make up engine coolant/antifreeze in my vehicles (and caravan heating system) to keep engine and cooling systems clean and free from rust and sludge and although I do not have Aqua-blades (Thank God) I will start to use distilled water in my washer fluid as well, its only about £2 a gallon and only usually have to top up once between services.
For those of you with Aqua-blades it will be worth the small cost to see if it improves or eliminates the choked washer problem.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Sep 3rd, 2019 at 12:28.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote