View Single Post
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 12:11   #10
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman77 View Post
Here is mine.
Dirty hand prints on interior and key leather and grease on carpets, occasional paint chip is something I kind of accepted as price of owning a Volvo but they really got to me this time.
My car came from service yesterday. Everything done, everything fine according to them.
Not quite - didn’t bother with broken vent that I asked to fix and is listed on job list - oh yes we had to order that. No need to tell me.
The software that I double checked with you, you would upgrade was not done. Ironically I did get a little brochure with my invoice showing how much gets updated with volvo software update. Are you sure we did do it. Yes - no stopstart icon on dash. After 10min - Oh yes your car doesn’t talk to computer, most likely has a faulty ODB unit. It’s out of warranty isn’t it? (Waiting... will the customer change his mind and move on) No, it’s extended so you can go and fix it but you didn’t think telling me was important? You think a main dealer service without checking for error codes is ok? Mumble, apology, mumble.
I told them I think mechanic is making an excuse as I had the same experience last year but I wouldn’t put it past them to replace some unit just to save their face though not checking error codes is precious.
Makes you wonder what else they claim to do but don’t bother with. Filters, oil?
That is really shocking to hear . Volvo dealers are heavily monitored for service quality and you should get a customer quality/satisfaction survey and a call to make you sure you are happy with your experience . Volvo have dealer regional and national league tables too so they are well aware of how their dealers are doing .. and who is at the top and who is at the bottom . It isn't the dealer , what you have is one person who has failed in his duties , is he a new employee or an inexperienced one ? , It is the one that actually looked after your car , who has done a very poor job and it needs sorting out . ok one error can be forgivable but not multiple ones .. It would be interesting to find out who actually did the job .. they are probably in the job only for the money and are taking the shortest time to earn the highest amount of money . some must be down to volvo too for cutting the time for a service on some models down to less than an hour , It's impossible ...
There is also another weakness , Communication between technician and the front desk who are not technical at all ! ask to speak to the person who did your job it might enlighten the situation . I have faith that you oil and filter was changed properly however ...