View Single Post
Old Sep 14th, 2019, 22:17   #55
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDTWENTY View Post
Just found this on eBay, its double the price but by the time I pay tax and shipping its probably similar, is this the right one do you know? says it fits my car but not sure what they're like.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genui...QAAOSwAaJaHIpr
Looking at the spec on that one, it would just about cover a carburettor version!

From the listing :

KMS Parts Number VAL347257
Description Fuel Pump
UK Reg No/Vin MUST be supplied The compatibility is only a guide. A UK Reg or VIN number MUST BE SUPPLIED as in many cases there is a "choice" depending on chassis numbers. We cannot be held responsible if this is not supplied or is supplied after despatch.
Chassis Break Chassis number from : 240947/990338, 563922
Note Operating Mode: Electric
Voltage [V]: 12
Flow Rate [l/min.]: 1.25
Pressure [bar]: 0.3

Now check the spec on one of the ones Rock Auto sells :

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...&jsn=14&jsn=14

Maximum Free Flow Rate (gph) 40
Maximum Pressure Rate (psi) 7
Minimum Free Flow Rate (gph) 30
Minimum Pressure Rate (psi) 5

Compare the two, first one has a flow rate of 1.25L/min which is 75L/h which is about 16 gallons/hour. Even taking into account US Gallons are 0.8 the size of ours, the 40 Gaall/hr figure equates to 32 Imp Gall/hr so has twice the flow.
Then there's the pressure - 0.3bar on that Valeo one which is about 4-4.5psi - the minimum on the other one is 5psi.

There are reasons for all this, the underbody pump needs a certain flow and pressure to work at its best and that Valeo one won't give it.

If you can find another on fleabay at a sensible price with reasonable flow and pressure and it's listed for the 940, i'm quite happy to double check it for you but wouldn't advise that particular Valeo one at all.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: