View Single Post
Old Sep 15th, 2019, 13:10   #65
ANDTWENTY

Do we know the specs of the original in tank fuel pump? I can't seem to find one online that is definitely original? Surely that way we can look up the flow and pressure and match one?

It definitely says online that the in tank one is low pressure but it would make sense for it to be the same volume output as the high pressure pump to avoid the cavitation, but then again provided the suction is within the fuel tank would it not be able to draw it out of the tank?

I might just whip it out l, check for a part number and also check it doesn't work by hooking it up to 12volt.

In respect to the revving I have tried opening the throttle both slow and fast, it doesn't seem to make much difference, I can't remember if there's any slight difference but from what I remember there isnt. It's as though as soon as the TPS is signalling open throttle it just goes bad, it tends to hunt the engine though it revs up and down a bit. I can check when I'm at home but I'm working now. Is it possible to upload a video here?

When I disconnected the MAF sensor it did make a difference to the idle which leads me to believe it may work but perhaps not properly!? However if this pump is not working it may be best to fix that and then try the MAF sensor?
ANDTWENTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ANDTWENTY For This Useful Post: