View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 15:01   #116
ANDTWENTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Good news on the cam timing, it looked right so was really only a doble-check but double-checks can often reveal something!

The first yellow/red wire is indeed for the O/S/F ABS sensor. The second pic in the blue connector looks much more like it and would appear someone has tied it up out of the way. Try it and see, it's almost certainly the right one if it's the only terminal in a 2-pole connector.

If you've set the idle too low on the base idle speed, it will also hunt at idle as it tries to compensate but the AICV overcompensates then it's a constant battle of bring the speed up, too much, reduce the speed to where it should be when warm, too little, bring it back up again etc. It doesn't come within the limits prescribed in the ECU map that it's looking for so it throws a fault code.

Charging voltage with no load should be 14.0V, 14.4V on a cold voltage regulator. Check your alternator drive belt tension.

It may drop a little if the battery is in a low state of charge but not by much and should come up to 14.0V when revved. You've had a lot of starts so it may be the battery is a bit low by now.

There should be a slight gap in the AICV when "closed", first though you need to get the base idle speed right, using my method, re-adjust the TPS if necessary and take things from there.

By the way, if it's automatic, you may need to check/adjust the kickdown cable after all of this has been completed.

Nice colour by the way, Dark Blue Metallic if i'm not mistaken? Paint code is 603 i think if it is.
I have connected that cable to the negative on the battery but it doesn't change anything.

the engine will hunt if the butterfly is opened even slightly and the more I screw it in the worse it gets.

I literally can't seem to get the idle any lower

It's a manual and is dark metallic blue, not sure on the code though.
ANDTWENTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ANDTWENTY For This Useful Post: