View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2019, 00:30   #19
BLS07

Good evening All !

So, I finally had a rain free day to get a look at the various lights / sockets / and immediate wiring connections. (have not traced wires back to switches - yet!)

1) RH Headlights
- There was indeed a dodgy connection in the grey wire at the front RH headlight. Sorting that in the next day or so.

New Q:
> Finding it difficult to source replacement 12V H4 45/40w bulbs.
(Originally bought over a year ago)
> What are your thoughts on swapping for 12V H4 60/55w halogen bulbs ?
*Must be H4 to fit the wire harness I have long had installed via Brookhouse.

Considering replacement of bulbs, as the afternoon gloom commences at 4:30pm nowadays, here. I feel now is time for a fresh set of bulbs as spares is a good idea.

2) Rear Light cluster

(a) LH Indicator wiring
- See attached, I've now a job to do here.

- Ron ; your detailed page (link below) is super ! thank you !
https://www.sw-em.com/Amazon_Rear_Li...n_current_path

(b) LH cluster as a whole shall now get some much needed attention after nearly 55 years of truly being out-in-the-cold.

Likewise with the RH cluster, I reckon.

Unfortunately, with 2(a) occurring - fully checking the brake light response when headlight switch was ON, has not yet been further scoped out.

However, I did find that the RH brake light did seem to respond when engaging the brake pedal whilst the headlight switch was ON.

Further thorough & complete check shall be done, Tuesday.
By which time I aim to have refurbed and/or swapped out the necessary elements in both rear light clusters.

In the meantime ;
Advice and opinion on bulb wattage Question (above), would be gratefully received !

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3259.jpg (229.5 KB, 10 views)
BLS07 is offline   Reply With Quote