Thread: Cold feet
View Single Post
Old Dec 6th, 2019, 09:45   #21
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
Perhaps thats because its on auto, does it not require to get to a certain temp before it fires up the fan else it would make you feel colder. I could be really wrong but i am sure the Volvo are the faster heating that i have used, i found my S70 T5, C70 T5 and now this current diesel to be pretty quick to heat up, thats comparing to Laguna, years, 02, 04 & 08, Focus, Fiesta, Astra, not gonna mention the rovers and many more lol, damn'it, i said i wasnt gonna mention them......
\
Yes I'm sure that is correct, but that's my point, it takes longer than other Audi and BMW diesels I've had fr the blowers to start. I follow a Q7 forum and I recently saw a post which referred to an electrical heating system which kicks in to fill the gap between the engine starting and being warm enough to produce the warm air. Have to say I don't know a lot about how these system function, but it seemed a good idea in lay-mans terms!

:wq