Thread: Radio wiring
View Single Post
Old Dec 13th, 2019, 15:48   #26
bob12
bob12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDTWENTY View Post

It's a GLE which I thought was a fairly good spec! has a sunroof and heated seats, full elec windows, I would have thought the budget could stretch to from t speakers!!

There are definitely ones in the back, they're the only ones apart from the dash.

One dash speaker works but the other doesn't, tested with another speaker and that worked so the speaker must be dead.

I tested the other door speaker and that has no power too it either! Why would they not be getting any power too the front speakers? tested them with speakers and a multi meter but theres nothing!?
The only thing I can add to this and not having followed through every post in detail is that the first picture you put up shows spliced wiring on the back of a headset connected to a multiplug that I assume connects to car the wring loom.

If that is the only connection you are using I would point out that the speaker output on the head unit does not connect to the amp via the cars wiring loom. There is a separate feed to the amp via din plugs. It is only when the headset output has been amplified does it go to the door speakers via the cars wiring loom.

That's all I can really add from afar.

Bob
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post: