View Single Post
Old Feb 2nd, 2020, 16:55   #363
ITSv40
VOC Member

Update on post number 287.

Decided it was time to tackle the servo replacement. Vida says, lower the subframe to get enough clearance between engine and bulkhead to withdraw the servo. I decided that was a lot of faff and went for moving the engine with the subframe in situ. Not sure that was the right decision.

Removing the top end stuff was relatively straight forward, but when it came to removing the lower engine mounts that was a bit more involved. The mount under the crankshaft was easy once I had removed the road wheel and got the arch liner out of the way. The front mount was a different thing. I had to remove the fan cowling to get enough room - even having it on a lift, there was no access from underneath and the bolts were bloody tight.

Then inside the footwell to remove the servo nuts. Relatively straight forward once the sound deadening was out of the way. How stiff can a bit of foam be?

Six hours later the old servo is on the bench.

I'm going to replace the clutch master cylinder whilst in there and I have room. it is very tight otherwise. Although the engine mounts look OK, the rubber is showing signs of cracking, so going to replace the two mounts as well. The top mount was done a couple of years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200202_093445 (3).jpg (184.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20200202_155505 (3).jpg (260.3 KB, 20 views)
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: