View Single Post
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 19:15   #35
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSaintJames View Post
Apologies in reviving an old thread, I have been brainstorming on ways to improve our B200E in the Hearse prior to an engine upgrade to a 2.5 using a penta AQ151 block.

My question is, as the 531 head is not readily compatible with K-Jetronic injection due to different injectors and locations (learnt this yesterday) we will be keeping the current head and injection system. Could I benefit from an injector upgrade in a similar fashion to that seen on this thread? If so are there any recommendations anyone knows of? I am aware that the K-Jet uses mechanical injectors (more like a presuure valve), which appear quite different to modern EFI injectors.

The internet is unusually quiet on K-Jet injectors and upgrades, but what I have found is as below, I don't know but it seems as the last three digit value increases, so does the power/engine size of their application, I couldn't find any info on flow rates etc but that may well be not apllicable due to the inherent differences between these and modern injectors.

Volvo B200E standard 0 437 502 015
Volvo B200ET standard 0 437 502 020
Volvo B280E standard 0 437 502 022
Volvo group A 'gold' or Mercedes Benz brass upgrade injectors 0 437 502 047

Interestingly the 047 brass types are about £22 each whereas the others are £30 to £50 each

I'd appreciate some wisdom on this! Thanks.
From memory the B200E uses the same injectors as the B230E and they do have scope for more flow. If were going to fuel a 2.5 NA I would consider B21ET injectors. Other than Volvo as you have found Mercedes is the next most common car to use these mechanical injectors

Would probably be better starting a new thread rather than confusing a thread on electronic injectors
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post: