View Single Post
Old Mar 16th, 2020, 10:17   #17
Automatic Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Only View Post
I used a public charging point for the first time at the weekend - was a Pod Point 22kw. I didn't confirm the charge as I was only there for a short while (for anyone who doesn't know, Pod Point chargers start charging as soon as you plug them in but switch off after 15 minutes if you don't confirm the charge online) and couldn't be bothered to pay the (admittedly small) fee. It was probably charging for about 25 minutes total as I unplugged and replugged it in again after the initial 15 minutes ran out.
However when I moved off again the battery gauge had only moved up about 1 pip - basically nothing. Obviously the car would only charge at 3.7kw but with nearly half an hours charge I would have expected more than that.
Does anyone know if Pod Point chargers only start charging at full speed when the charge is confirmed or does this indicate a problem with my charging cable (I only just bought it and was the first time I used it) - it was advertised as rated at 16 amps?
I used the same charging point over the weekend and confirmed the charge this time and it started charging at full speed. Would have been brilliant if it could have charged at the the full 22kw but never mind...