View Single Post
Old Mar 28th, 2020, 20:25   #11
Father Ted
Master Member

OK. So here are some pics. I can't show the display as the battery is currently off the car.
I had bought a reverse camera previously and the radio came with one. So, as there are multiple camera inputs, I used one on the rear and one on the front.
I'll add display images once the battery is on.
I've found a video of a very similar unit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RIgAmSLhSk

As to how I did it:
Remove battery (OK, so I didn't and now I have to reset the airbag warning, but I have Vida, so it's not a problem)
Remove the panel carrying the radio and climate controls.
Remove the controls from the carrier. This will need to be cut to accommodate the new stereo.
Unscrew the display module from the radio. This will need to be tucked away and plugged into the adapter cable. I tucked this under the grill on the dash as I have no sub woofer speaker. This was the most awkward part of the job and why the cables still need tidying.
I also placed the adapters and new reversing beeper in this area.
If you are using a European head set, the DIN plug will plug right in. If not, you will need to join the cables, but the adapter lead comes with instructions.
Fit new fascia to radio carrier panel and check head set fits.
Re-fit.
NB. The factory fitted antenna does not wire back to the head, so I had to buy a cheap windscreen antenna (£4 from Halford) until I can figure a way to use the factory fitted one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1102 resize.jpg (118.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1104 resize.jpg (186.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1106 resized.jpg (107.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Father Ted; Mar 28th, 2020 at 20:54. Reason: Added youtube link
Father Ted is offline   Reply With Quote