View Single Post
Old Apr 20th, 2020, 00:24   #21
DaveL485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bits View Post
And check the tyres - I bought an 06 in Jan this year and had to replace all 4. It transformed the car.
Glad to hear you do your own work - same here. Luckily the u/s of my car is like new which, as you will know, is a big help when you come to undo things - so check underneath before you buy.
I'm well experienced in shabby undersides, you'll notice the presence of four French cars in the pics in my first post. On top of those I also have a 1990 Renault 21 and a 1986 Renault 9 so I am fully armed with kit to deal with every ****ty bolt, rusty nut and corroded joint. The Swedish battlecruiser, by comparison, is a dream.

Pertaining to other comments, I can't check anything, I've bought it totally blind I know its got around 120k on the clock (last mot April 19 @ 110k plus avg miles), I have about ten pics and that's it. For all I know the engine could be scrap, or mint. It could need...anything...everything....or nothing. That's reflected in what I paid for it which I may (or may not) reveal in due time
DaveL485 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveL485 For This Useful Post: