View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2020, 21:13   #51
Bugjam1999
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentepazza View Post
I am sure I have seen the headlight wipers to early models.
Here is a Photo. Once in Norway I had a look to the system and it’s different from late models. There is only one motor moving a complex mechanism Of pulleys and chords. Maybe only Scandinavian cars had them fitted ( makes sense, they really need to wipe snow off).

I Have got the tailgate with rear fog light. I hate it. Someone cut through the metal... it’s painful... I have got another tailgate without that ugly hole.
I am more keen to add foglights on the bumper or under the rear bumper.

I like old Volvo naked
I ll give a call next days, thanks mate.
That used to be my car! I sold it last November- the photo was taken of it when it was mine.

You are correct that the headlight wiper system was different to the later cars- one central motor and two cables that went to each wiper. I couldn’t get the motor to work, it was the only thing that didn’t work on the car when I sold it.

I believe the car was an export model, so it’s possible that U.K. cars that age didn’t have the wipers- a friend of mine has a UK 1975 245 that doesn’t have the headlight wipers.

I’ll be amazed if you can find the mechanism for sale anywhere, if you really want headlight wipers it’d be easier to make suitable brackets so a later set of separate motors can be fitted.

Cheers
Bugjam1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bugjam1999 For This Useful Post: