Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Jul 1st, 2020, 16:25   #1357
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
What John said ^^^^^

I would describe your life with the RB as a "rolling restoration" Alan - here's why :

The intention is never to bring it back to new, it's used as a daily driver for short journeys but isn't used for commuting, as and when things wear out, break, fail or otherwise no longer perform their duties as they should, they are replaced with items that do, sometimes with a subtle (but useful) upgrade and/or period accessories.

Having new soles and heels on your shoes is like fitting new tyres to the car. Doesn't make them the chiropody equivalent of Triggers Broom and new tyres won't make it a new car.

Like John said, whatever you call it, you're doing a grand job and enjoying it - it's one of the many reasons people own a classic!
I could not agree more Dave (and with John also of course). I've enjoyed owning a classic and the RB was exactly the right car for me. It continues to amuse and challenge me in about equal measures, which is just what I'd hoped for when I bought it (only 4 months ago, it seems like I've had the car much longer than that).

:-)

Alan
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: