View Single Post
Old Jul 13th, 2020, 16:56   #1439
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Yes, a 5 minute job on the slant 4.

Alan
On mine, i have to remove the A/C compressor on the right hand side first. Then remove both rocker covers.

Valve clearance adjustment is relatively simplt with normal adjusters.

Once adjusted, i then have to clean the mating faces of the rocker covers (and the heads too of course) and then get the gasket paper out - 2x 500 x 200mm approximately. Using carpet spray glue on one side of the paper and then stick the rocker cover to it and let it dry, then cut out the middle, trim the edges and then use the ball end of a ball-pein hammer to tap the edges of the bolt holes and punch the holes through for the bolts.

Then "Haynes it"!

Rough guess, about an hour to strip down to where i can actually see the adjusters, an hour to do the adjustment, an hour (including glue drying time) to make the gaskets, clean everything up and another hour to refit everything.

Might sound excessive but i've left a few stages out (like marking and removing the HT leads and plugs) and knowing this car and the amount of stupid bodges i've found over the time i've owned it, i have no doubt whatsoever it will throw me some curved balls.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: