Thread: wind deflectors
View Single Post
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 11:11   #2
scotsgent

See here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/wind-deflector...QQcmdZViewItem

I recently got a 4-door set for my V70 from him, total cost including postage from Germany was £25. I think that some UK sellers sell the same deflectors for about the same price for two! They fitted perfectly.

I like them, but don't expect too much. What I mean here is that they will not reduce wind and noise when the window is fully down, but do a good job with the window down 3", so on a muggy day you can have the drivers and passengers window down an inch or two and have fresh air and ventilation but no noise.

I am a smoker and so they are excellent for this since the V70 has a terrible design flaw in that with the window open even a little, any rainwater runs straight off the roof into the car and onto your electric window switches! The deflectors stop this, so for me are very useful.

I had to trim the front leading edge of the deflectors to allow my window to operate without fouling the deflector, this was easy and works well. I used a fine toothed fret-saw to trim a few mm. of the deflector

The smoked glass effect looks quite classy.

Any downside?...well yes!.......because the smoked glass obscures the top of the window its sometimes not possible at a quick glance to notice that you have left the window open a little (and because of their effectiveness you will drive more often with the windows in this position). If you lock the car with the remote, then later the alarm can be triggered due to atmospheric pressure changes which the car senses because the window is open. This is a small glitch and eventually you just ensure that you condition yourself to operate the 'closed' switches on your window mech' before leaving the car.

Although the deflectors fit into the window channel, my windows still open and close perfectly.

For the money, I would recommend them.

Cheers, Terry

Last edited by scotsgent; Jul 18th, 2007 at 11:22.
scotsgent is offline   Reply With Quote